Monday, December 1, 2014

Beans the cat

Hello friends, as promised, I have a sweet little cat pattern to share with you today.
His name is Beans and he is a friendly little fellow:)
I have knitted him in the round in the Magic Loop but you can also knit him on dpns in the round or knit him flat and simply sew him up at the back, if you prefer to knit on 2 needles. If this is what you would like to do then just knit the pattern in stocking stitch, flat with 2 needles.
He could also be a cute owl, just give him bigger eyes, a beak and don’t add a tail:)
Materials:
Oddments of variegated dk wool
4mm circular needle or dpns or 4mm straight needles
Sewing up needle
Fleece for stuffing
Abbreviations:
kfb: knit into the front and back of the stitch to increase
dpns: double pointed needles
knit 2 tog: knit 2 stitches together
Pattern:
Cast on 10 stitches and join for knitting in the round with the magic loop or on dpns
Round 1: Knit
Round 2: kfb into each stitch (20 stitches)
Round 3: kfb into each stitch (40 stitches)
Rounds 4-15: Knit
Round 16: (Knit 1, knit 2 tog) across the round knit 1 stitch on the end (27 stitches)
Rounds 17-26: Knit
Cast off
Finishing Off:
Hold the top of the cast off edge together flat and sew in and out, closing the top of your cat’s head.

I don't remember where I found this pattern, but I know I didn't create it myself.  I don't want to take credit for other peoples work.

No comments:

Post a Comment